CHAIRPERSON: Michelle Hubertus
CO-CHAIR: Brian Hubertus
Entries will be accepted Wednesday, September 25th between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.. Judging will take place on Wednesday, Sept. 25th, beginning at 7:00 p.m. All entries must be approved and accepted by the screening committee and/or the Chairperson. The Chairperson’s decision is final.
Due to limited exhibition space, exhibits will be limited to a maximum of FOUR (4) entries per person present on Wednesday at time of entry. The limit means one entry per category and a total of four (4) entries per person present.
Only the Chairperson may make exceptions to the "number of entry" rule. Grouping of small items will not be accepted or counted as a single entry, nor will they be separated and counted as multiple entries without prior approval of the screening committee and or the chairperson. Chairperson's decision is final.
All entries must be picked up on Sunday, September 29th, between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. or Monday, September 30th, between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon. For your safety, when picking up entries, all exhibitors must have the entry tag they were given when they registered.
Dirty crafts or crafts that have been entered in a previous year will not be accepted. No exceptions! All crafts must have been originally created during the past calendar year (October 2018-September 2019). The chairperson reserves the right to reject any entry that is suspected to not be original or has been entered in prior fair years.
All items must be original and handmade by one individual. No group or collective projects. No pre-fabricated kits. No store bought items, or items determined to be purchased in a store with minor alterations.
All projects must be either free standing or prepared for hanging. Crafts that do not fit in our display cases will be displayed out in the open. The greatest care will be taken in handling all exhibits, but no responsibility for loss or damage of any kind can be assumed by the Comal County Fair Association. Please enter items for exhibit at your own risk.
Ages are based on January 1 of current year.
- Senior Citizen – ages 55 and older
- Adults – ages 18 (not in school) to 54
- Youth – ages 13 – 17 ( and enrolled in school)
- Children – ages 4 – 12
Premiums:Trophies – Grand Champion and Reserve Grand ChampionRibbons – Tri-Color, blue, red, white and greenBlue, Red, White and Green Ribbons will be awarded per division with one tri-color winner in each category if the minimum number of entries is achieved
- Ceramics-Moldware (luster glaze, stained or painted), Wheel-thrown, Hand Built, Porcelain, Mosaic Art
- Metal/Iron-Hand Shaped sculpture, Painted or decorated, Constructed ( with tools)
- Wood-Painted wood item, Furniture, Wood cut our item, Jigsaw art, Bird houses (completely built by exhibitor), Wooden hand carved or whittling (no kits)
- Jewelry-Metal, Beads/Shells, Macrame
- Leather-Constructed (painted or stained, from leather pieces), Clothing
- Seasonal-Christmas, Ornaments, Beads, Ceramic, Other seasonal items
- Glass-Stained, Painted
- Textiles-String Art, Yarn, Other, Clothing (painted or decorated), Plastic Canvas
- Wreaths-Seasonal, Other
- Rocks-Polished, Goods, Sculpture
- Sculpture-Clay, Polymer
- Dolls-Porcelain, Plastic, Cloth
- Decorated Clothing (Not the same as sewing. We are judging the original artistic embellishments, not the garment itself)Shirts, Pants, Jackets, Accessories
THE COMAL COUNTY FAIR ASSOCIATION IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS, THEFT, OR DAMAGE TO ANY ENTRY.