March 30, 2019
The Rules and Regulations for cooks at CCFA Chili Cook Off are as follows:
1. Chili is defined as any kind of meat or combination of meats, various spices and other ingredients. Teams will be allowed (1) entry per category of chili (without beans/with beans).
2. No ingredient may be pre-cooked in any way prior to the commencement of the official cook-off. The only exceptions are canned or bottled tomatoes, tomato sauce, peppers, pepper sauce, beverages, broth and grinding and/or mixing of spices. Meat may be pre-cut or ground.
NO PREPACKAGED CHILI WILL BE ALLOWED
MEAT MAY NOT BE PRE-COOKED, in any manner. All other ingredients must be chopped or prepared during the preparation period.
ALL FOOD PREP AND COOKING SHALL BE DONE IN A SANITARY MANNER
3. If you are using any “sensitive” ingredients such as alcohol or nut based oils (such as peanut oil) which may cause allergic or other reactions, you must post a sign on your table identifying this ingredient.
4. The cooking period will be a minimum of 3 hours and a maximum of 4 hours. The exact starting and ending of the cooking period will be confirmed during the cooks meeting. Cooking during entire cooking period is at the sole discretion of the contestant.
5. CCFA Staff will conduct a contestant’s meeting, at which time final instructions are to be given and questions answered, no later than 1 hour prior to the official starting time of the cook-off.
6. Contestants are responsible for supplying all of their own heat source, cooking utensils, etc. and should be prepared to provide a fire extinguisher. NO ELECTRICITY AVAILABLE!
7. Each contestant must prepare competition chili with at least 5lbs of meat, to be cooked in one pot which will be submitted for judging and sampling. Sharing or splitting Chili for judging with another contestant for the purpose of increasing the number of entries in any event will result in suspension disqualification.
8. Each contestant will be given an official judging cup and lid. In order for a cook to receive the judging cup for their specific contest, they must sign the contestant list and must have passed the ingredient inspection. Each contestant is responsible to deliver their cup, which must be filled to the bottom of the cup’s rim, to the judging area at the official time for judging.
9. Judges will be told that they should vote for the chili based on the following major considerations: good chili flavor, texture of the meat, consistency, blend of spices, aroma and color.
10. Each team will be allowed (1) 10’x10’ cooking area. Only one vehicle will be allowed in the cooking area to unload and must be moved to the parking area prior to the cooks meeting at 9am.
11. Every team should be prepared to provide at least one (1) person to be a judge.
12. The team captain only, will be allowed to bring (1) case of beer to be consumed by their team only. Beer, soda and water will be available for purchase.
Prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2ndand 3rdplaces in each chili category, and 1stand 2ndplaces for showmanship.
TIMES-Gates will open at 8am, Cooks Meeting at 9am, Chili cooking starts at 10am, Turn in at 1pm, Grounds close at 10pm.
Awards at approximately 3pm
Deadline to enter chili cook off is at 5:00 p.m. on March 15, 2019.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR ANY REASON
ALL RULES AND PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.