CO-CHAIR: Jennifer Thompson
CO-CHAIR: Marcy Noyce
Entries will be accepted on Wednesday, Sept. 25th, between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. or until category fills, whichever comes first. Due to limited space, when category limit of 25 entries is reached (for each age group) no more entries will be accepted for that category. ALL ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN ON A “FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVE” BASIS AND MUST BE FRAMED AND READY TO HANG – NO EXCEPTIONS.
The screening committee and/or the Chairperson must accept all entries and their decisions are final. Judging will take place on Wednesday, Sept. 25th, beginning at 7:00 p.m. All entries must be picked up on Sunday, September 29th, between 5:00pm and 8:00pm or Monday, September 30th, between 8 a.m. and 12:00 noon.
No group or class entries will be accepted in the Arts and Photography Division. Please see rules for “School/Group Projects Committee” to follow rules for entering a school or group project.
One (1) Tri-Color “Best of Category” ribbon will be awarded in each category for each age group. Two (2) Overall Best of Show trophies will be awarded; one (1) for Art Division and one (1) for Photography Division.
Each age group, for each category will receive a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place (only one each per category). Remainder of entries will receive participant ribbons when entry is picked up.
NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE OF EXHIBITS. ENTER DISPLAYS AT YOUR OWN RISK. The Committee highly recommends all artwork and photography be placed in a plastic frame to protect from damage. Although every precaution will be taken, the Comal County Fair Association and committee members cannot be responsible for broken frames or broken glass. NO GLASS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
PLEASE NOTE: The following rules for Arts and Photography will be strictly enforced. Entries that do not meet these criteria will NOT be accepted. All entries will be screened by the Chairperson or CCFA Officer and the Chairperson’s decision is FINAL.
PLEASE NOTE: One Adult present making an entry may bring with them NO MORE than 1 additional entry for another adult or 2 additional children's entries.
AGE GROUPS ARE DEFINED AS FOLLOWS:
Children Category-ages 2 to 7
Middle School Category- ages 8 to12 and enrolled in school
High School Category ages 13 to 17 and enrolled in school
Young Adults Category- age 18-25
Adults Category- ages 25 to 55
Senior Category- age 55 and over
ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AS FOLLOWS:
1) Only ONE (1) exhibit per exhibitor will be accepted (due to limited display space). Participants may enter only ONE (1) category for their age group. When entry limit is reached (limit 25) in each category per age group, the category will close. All entries will be taken on a first-come first-serve basis. No group entries will be accepted.
2) Important precautions for hanging of your art and photos-
3) No nude art or photography will be accepted.
- a. All entries must be framed and/or matted, and READY TO HANG.
- b. Acceptable hangers include wire, very heavy-duty string or commercially purchased frames
- c. If a picture falls down two times, it will not be attempted to be displayed again for the third time. It will be stored for safe keeping until after the Fair is over.
- d. Absolutely no hooks and no glass. Large or heavy entries must be re-enforced.
- e. No entry larger than 18x24 will be accepted (size includes mat and frame). Entries that do not have a suitable hanger will NOT be accepted as we do not have a way to safely display these exhibits to ensure they will not be damaged.
- f. Absolutely no expectations
- g. No tape
- h. One picture per frame unless it is a collage
- i. We will not add “hanger” or paperclips to “help” a picture to hang.
- j. Absolutely no professional pictures, art or photography
4) All items must have been created within the past calendar year (October 2018 - September 2019). Entries must be original and handmade – No kits will be accepted
5) Please ensure entry meets only ONE (1) of the following categories:
- A) PHOTOGRAPHY. Entry limited to 25 ENTRIES per category per age group (ages 2 to 7, 8 to 12 and enrolled in school, 13 to 17 and enrolled in school and adult category age 18 and over). Categories are the following:
2) Outdoors (including flowers/food)
4) Human Interest/Unusual Object
- B) ART. Entry limited to 50 ENTRIES per category per age group (ages 2 to 7, 8 to 12 and enrolled in school, 13 to 17 and enrolled in school and adult category age 18 and over). Categories are the following:
1) Painting (oils, watercolor, pastels, crayons, etching, textile, metal, acrylic, rubout)
2) Drawing (pencil, markers, ink, crayon, etching, charcoal)
3) Sculpture (batik, airbrush, mosaic, collage, mixed media, charcoal, cutouts)
4) Computer Generated Art
THE COMAL COUNTY FAIR ASSOCIATION IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS, THEFT, OR DAMAGE TO ANY ENTRY.