CHAIRPERSON: Michelle Hubertus
Entries will be accepted between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 26. Judging will take place on Wednesday, Sept. 26, beginning at 7:00 p.m. The screening committee and/or the Chairperson must accept all entries and the chairperson’s decision is final. One exhibitor’s admission pass will be given for each entry accepted.
All entries must be picked up on Sunday, September 30, between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. or Monday, October 1, between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon. For your safety, when picking up entries, all exhibitors MUST have the entry tag they were given when they registered.
No dirty craft or craft that has been entered in a previous year will be accepted.NO EXCEPTIONS. All crafts must have been created during the past calendar year (October 2011 – September 2012).
All items must be original and handmade by one individual. No group or collective projects. No pre-fabricated kits. No store bought items, or items determined to be purchased in a store with minor alterations.
All projects must be either free standing or prepared for hanging. Crafts that do not fit in our display cases will be displayed out in the open. The greatest care will be taken in handling all exhibits, but no responsibility for loss or damage of any kind can be assumed by the Comal County Fair Association. Please enter items for exhibit at your own risk.
EXHIBITORS MAY ENTER IN 2 CATEGORIES, BUT MAY ENTER ONLY 1 EXHIBIT PER CATEGORY, PER PERSON.
- Senior Citizen – ages 55 and older
- Adults – ages 18 (not in school) to 54
- Youth – ages 13 – 17 ( and enrolled in school)
- Children – ages 4 – 12
· Ages are based on January 1 of current year.
- Moldware (luster glaze, stained or painted), Wheel-thrown, Hand Built, Porcelain, Mosaic Art
- Hand Shaped sculpture, Painted or decorated, Constructed ( with tools)
- Painted wood item, Furniture, Wood cut our item, Jigsaw art, Bird houses (completely built by exhibitor), Wooden hand carved or whittling (no kits)
- Metal, Beads/Shells, Macrame
- Constructed (painted or stained, from leather pieces), Clothing
- Christmas, Ornaments, Beads, Ceramic, Other seasonal items
- Stained, Painted
- String Art, Yarn, Other, Clothing (painted or decorated), Plastic Canvas
- Seasonal, Other
- Polished, Goods, Sculpture
- Clay, Polymer
- Porcelain, Plastic, Cloth
- Decorated Clothing (Not the same as sewing. We are judging the original artistic embellishments, not the garment itself)
- Shirts, Pants, Jackets, Accessories
Trophies – Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion
Ribbons – Tri-Color, blue, red and White
Blue, Red and White Ribbons will be awarded per division with on tri-color winner in each category if the minimum number of entries is achieved
One grand champion trophy will be awarded
Judges reserve the right to award no prize, or a second prize only, in classes where the entries do not justify a higher award. The judges may also award more than one blue or red ribbon in a category.
When there is no competition in any one class, but one entry, a prize worthy of that entry will be awarded.
All judges’ decisions are final.
Trophy is donated by:
John and Christine Seidel
River City Resorts.