CO_CHAIR: Kelly Mochel
COMMITTEE: Judy Krause, Vera Thompson, Chrissy Lipke, Monika Engel, Sharon Jones, Sammy Sikes, Jason Herfurth, Beverly Giacoletti, Yvonne Bays, Linda Moore, Steven Krause.
Entries will be accepted on Wednesday, Sept. 26, between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. or until category fills, whichever comes first.Due to limited space, when category limit of 50 entries is reached (for each age group) no more entries will be accepted for that category. ALL ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN ON A “FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVE” BASIS AND MUST BEFRAMED AND READY TO HANG– NO EXCEPTIONS.
The screening committee and/or the Chairperson must accept all entries and their decisions are final. One exhibitor’s admission pass will be given for each entry accepted. Judging will take place on Wednesday, Sept. 26, beginning at 7:00 p.m. All entries must be picked up on Sunday, September 30, between 5:00pm and 8:00pm or Monday, October 1, between 8 a.m. and 12:00 noon.
No group or class entries will be accepted in the Arts and Photography Division. Please see rules for “School/Group Projects Committee” to follow rules for entering a school or group project.
One (1) Tri-Color “Best of Category” ribbon will be awarded in each category for each age group. Two (2) Overall Best of Show trophies will be awarded; one (1) for Art Division and one (1) for Photography Division.
The trophy and awards are sponsored by:
Krause & Krause Drilling and Septic Tanks
2741 S. State Highway 46
New Braunfels, TX 78130
NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE OF EXHIBITS. ENTER DISPLAYS AT YOUR OWN RISK.The Committeehighly recommendsall artwork and photography be placed in a plastic frame to protect from damage. Although every precaution will be taken, the Comal County Fair Association and committee members cannot be responsible for broken frames or broken glass. NO GLASS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
PLEASE NOTE: The following rules for Arts and Photography will be strictly enforced. Entries that do not meet these criteria willNOTbe accepted. All entries will be screened by the Chairperson or CCFA Officer and the Chairperson’s decision isFINAL.
AGE GROUPS ARE DEFINED AS FOLLOWS: Children Category ages2 to 7, Middle School Category ages8 to12 and enrolled in school, High School Category ages13 to 17 and enrolled in school, Adults Categoryages 18 and over.
ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AS FOLLOWS:
1) OnlyONE (1) EXHIBIT PER EXHIBITOR WILL BE ACCEPTED(due to limited display space).Participants may enter only ONE category for their age group. When entry limit is reached (limit 50) in each category per age group, the category will close.All entries will be taken on a first-come first-serve basis. NO GROUP ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
2) All entries must be framed, matted, andREADY TO HANG.(Acceptable hangers include wire, very heavy-duty string or commercially purchased frames)AbsolutelyNO HOOKS AND NO GLASS. Large or heavy entriesmustbe re-enforced. No entry larger than 24x36 will be accepted (size includes mat and frame).Entries that do not have a suitable hanger will NOT be accepted as we do not have a way to safely display these exhibits to ensure they will not be damaged. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.
3) No nude art or photography will be accepted.
4) All items MUST have been created within the past calendar year (October 2011 - September 2012). Entries must be original and handmade – NO KITS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
5) Please ensure entry meets onlyONEof the following categories:
A) PHOTOGRAPHY. Entry limited to50 ENTRIESper category per age group (ages 2 to 7, 8 to 12 and enrolled in school, 13 to 17 and enrolled in school and adult category age 18 and over). Categories are the following:
2) Outdoors (including flowers/food)
4) Human Interest/Unusual Object
B) ART. Entry limited to50 ENTRIESper category per age group (ages 2 to 7, 8 to 12 and enrolled in school, 13 to 17 and enrolled in school and adult category age 18 and over). Categories are the following:
1) Painting (oils, watercolor, pastels, crayons, etching, textile, metal, acrylic, rubout)
2) Drawing(pencil, markers, ink, crayon, etching, charcoal)
3) Sculpture (batik, airbrush, mosaic, collage, mixed media, charcoal, cutouts)
4) Computer Generated Art