CHAIRPERSON: Avia Dowden
CO-CHAIR:N. Grace Pridgeon
COMMITTEE: Gale Bretzke, Denise Farris, Joe Guzman, Mary Guzman, Holly Hageman, Shirley Hayes, Janice Mann, Virginia, Ortiz, and Mary Lou Peterson
SITTERS:Doris Brown, Terry Elliott, Denise Farrris, Belinda Frisk, Cindy Gentry, Barbara Glenn, Joe Guzman, Mary Guzman, Suzanne Kupfernagel, Peggy Lawson, Ben Malin, Jennifer Malin, Debbie Matthews, Amy Newman, Lori Pena, Nancy Grace Pridgeon, Jan Roberts, Kathleen Schroeder, Sandra Kopplin-Self, CoCo Sharp, Michael Smith, Nancy Smith, Toni Taylor, Diana Walker, Lora West, Faye Wood, and Darla Wright
Entries will be accepted between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 26. Judging will take place on Thursday, Sept. 27, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. The screening committee and/or the Chairperson must accept all entries and their decisions are final. One exhibitor’s admission pass will be given for each entry accepted. All entries must be picked up on Sunday, September 30, between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. or Monday, October 1, between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon.
A trophy will be presented for: 1) Best-Preserved Over All Entry, 2) Most Interesting Entry, 3) Most Unusual Entry, 4) Best-Preserved Weapon, 5) Best-Preserved New Braunfels Item, 6) Best-Preserved Toys (includes dolls), 7) Best-Preserved Patriotic Memorabilia, 8) Best Preserved Farm Implement, 9) Best Preserved Kitchen Utensil, 10) Best Preserved China and Glassware, 11) Best Preserved Vanity Item, and 12) Best Holiday Item.
The twelve trophies are donated by:
Oak Leaf Quilts and Gifts
225 S. Seguin Ave.
New Braunfels, TX 78130
The following are suggested items which may be entered into the Antiques and Heirlooms Division: photos, books and documents, bottles and jars, clocks and watches, china, firearms, garments, handwork (antique, heirloom), holiday and vanity items, household articles, glassware, jewelry, farm implements, as well as other items.
1) All items must be CLEAN and FREE OF DUST AND RUST. Items must be in good condition.
2) No person shall exhibit who engages in buying or selling of antiques, as a full-time or part-time business.
3) No item will be accepted that is too large to fit in the display cases.
4) Collectibles are items that date from 1932 – 1962
5) Antiques are at least 80 years old.
6) Exhibitors will receive one pass for each item accepted.
7) Maximum of five (5) entries per person present on Wednesday at time of entry.
8) We will not accept ANYTHING that does not fit into our locked cases!